37.90.414 HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES FOR ADULTS WITH SEVERE AND DISABLING MENTAL ILLNESS: ENVIRONMENTAL ACCESSIBILITY ADAPTATIONS
(1) Environmental accessibility adaptations are modifications to a member's home that are necessary to increase accessibility, independence, and prevent the need for a higher level of care.
(2) The member's need for the adaptation must be documented by an individual with the appropriate licensure, certification, or experience with home modification to document the member's need for the adaptation to increase accessibility, independence, and prevent the need for a higher level of care.
(3) The provision of environmental accessibility adaptations may include the provision of consultation regarding the appropriateness of the equipment or supplies.
(4) The waiver program does not cover:
(a) additions to the square footage of the home;
(b) services that are for comfort or convenience;
(c) services that are not a direct and specific benefit for the member; and
(d) services that are for maintenance, repair, or building code compliance that is the responsibility of the homeowner.
(5) Environmental accessibility adaptations must:
(a) ensure the health, welfare, and safety of the member in their home; and
(b) allow the member to function with greater independence in their home.
(6) Environmental accessibility adaptations must be provided in accordance with applicable state and local building codes by individuals licensed through the Montana Department of Labor and Industry to do home modifications.
History: 53-2-201, 53-6-402, MCA; IMP, 53-6-402, MCA; NEW, 2020 MAR p. 1173, Eff. 7/1/20.