37.90.434 HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES FOR ADULTS WITH SEVERE AND DISABLING MENTAL ILLNESS: LIFE COACH
(1) Life coach focuses on social determinants of health (SDoH) that impact a member's overall health and well-being and addresses the obstacles that impede a member's progress towards self-sufficiency, improved health, and well-being.
(2) Life coach services may be provided by:
(a) independent living centers;
(b) home health agencies; and
(c) other entities approved by the department.
(3) Life coaches must have at least eight hours of specialized behavioral health training annually approved by the department.
(4) A member must have a SDoH assessment with identified needs and established goals in their Person-Centered Recovery Plan.
(5) Life coach services must include at least one of the following social determinants of health:
(a) economic stability;
(b) neighborhood and physical environment;
(d) regular and consistent access to healthy foods, education on nutrition, and overall health impacts;
(e) access to needed healthcare; and
(f) community and social context.
(6) Life coach services may not duplicate services provided under behavioral intervention assistant.
History: 53-2-201, 53-6-402, MCA; IMP, 53-6-402, MCA; NEW, 2020 MAR p. 1173, Eff. 7/1/20.