37.93.101 CHILD-PLACING AGENCY: DEFINITIONS
(1) "Agency youth foster home" means a youth foster home licensed by the department after being studied by a child placing agency other than the department.
(2) "Biological parent" or "birth parent" means the mother and father who conceived and gave birth to the child.
(3) "Child" or "youth" means any person under the age of 18 years without regard to sex or emancipation.
(4) "Child-placing agency" (agency) means any corporation, partnership, association, firm, agency, institution, or person, other than an attorney or health care provider acting under 52-8-103(2), MCA, who places or who arranges for the placement of any child with any family, person, or facility not related by blood or marriage, either for foster care or for adoption.
(a) "To arrange for placement" means to act as an intermediary by assisting a parent, guardian or legal custodian to place or plan to place a child with persons other than persons related to the child.
(5) "Department" means Department of Public Health and Human Services.
History: 53-4-111, 53-4-403, MCA; IMP, 53-4-113, 53-4-403, MCA; NEW, 1985 MAR p. 278, Eff. 3/29/85; TRANS, from Dept. of SRS, 1987 MAR p. 1492, Eff. 7/1/87; TRANS, from DFS, 1998 MAR p. 661; AMD, 2022 MAR p. 537, Eff. 4/16/22.