37.95.110 RELATIVE CARE EXEMPT (RCE) PROVIDERS: REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
(1) The applicant shall provide relative care to a child as defined in ARM 37.95.102.
(2) The applicant and all adults who reside in the applicant's home must provide authorization for background checks pursuant to ARM 37.95.161.
(3) An application shall be denied for reasons identified in ARM 37.95.176 and for the following reasons:
(a) parent and provider reside at the same residence and the proposed caregiver is not an approved relative caregiver;
(b) applicant discriminates in the provision of child care services on the basis of the race, sex, religion, creed, color, or national origin of the parent or the child; or
(c) the background check process has exceeded 90 days.
(4) RCE providers must also meet the following requirements to be registered under this chapter:
(a) be 18 years of age or older;
(b) limit the care they provide to a period of less than 24 consecutive hours;
(c) may care for either a sibling group of any size or no more than two children from separate households;
(d) complete orientation approved by the department that includes health and safety training;
(e) complete a health and safety review course at least every three years; and
(f) complete pediatric first aid and CPR.
(5) Care can only be provided in the child's home as defined in ARM 37.80.208.
History: 52-2-704, MCA; IMP, 52-2-703, 52-2-704, 52-2-713, 52-2-721, 52-2-722, 52-2-723, 52-2-731, MCA; NEW, 2021 MAR p. 1787, Eff. 12/11/21.