Terminology used in these rules has the following meanings, except where the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) "Confidential information" means information that the commission may lawfully withhold from public disclosure by issuing a protective order in accordance with these rules;
(2) "Consumer counsel" means the Montana Consumer Counsel and staff of the Montana Consumer Counsel;
(3) "Information" includes knowledge, observations, opinions, data, facts, and the like, whether recorded or communicated in writing, orally, electronically, or otherwise, and whether provided through pleadings, reports, exhibits, testimony, work papers, or similar items or attachments to such items, or in response to discovery, subpoena, order, audit, investigation, or other request;
(4) "Legal counsel" means an individual authorized to practice law before the commission in a proceeding in which a protective order has been issued, and who represents a party to the proceeding;
(5) "Provider" or "providing party" means the person in possession of confidential or claimed confidential information who requests a protective order; and
(6) "Requesting party" means the person requesting access or granted access to confidential information.
History: 69-3-103, MCA; IMP, 69-3-105, MCA; NEW, 2000 MAR p. 2037, Eff. 7/28/00; AMD, 2004 MAR p. 2592, Eff. 10/22/04; AMD, 2007 MAR p. 2135, Eff. 12/21/07.