When used in these rules, unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context:
(1) "Department" means the department of agriculture provided for in 2-15-3001 , MCA.
(2) "Weed management" or "control" means the planning and implementation of a coordinated program for the containment, suppression, and where possible, eradication of noxious weeds.
(3) "Advisory council" means the noxious weed management advisory council provided for in 80-7-805 , MCA.
(4) "Project" means a planned undertaking which involves one or more renewable resources at an identified site or geographic location in Montana.
(5) "Project sponsor" means the local state or national organization, either public or private, supporting a project.
(6) "Renewable resource" means all land used for domestic livestock grazing, timber, or crop production, recreation, or wildlife and all water resources.
(7) "Public benefits" means those benefits that accrue to persons other than the grant recipient and enhance the common well-being of the people of Montana.
(8) "Tangible returns" means either monetary or non-monetary returns that will accrue to the state.
(9) "Community group" means three or more private landowners or federal, state, or local entities working together to control noxious weeds.
(10) "Noxious weed emergency" means a new and potentially harmful noxious weed growing in the state that has been verified by the department and declared an emergency as provided for in 80-7-815 , MCA.
History: Sec. 80-7-802, MCA; IMP, Sec. 80-7-801 & 80-7-811, MCA; NEW, 1986 MAR p. 651, Eff. 4/25/86.