4.5.302 DEFINITION OF TERMS
These definitions apply to all rules adopted under the Montana Noxious Weed Seed Free Forage Act, Title 80, chapter 7, part 9, MCA:
(1) "Agent" means a person who is authorized or employed by the department and is certified by the department to conduct activities under the Montana Noxious Weed Seed Free Forage Act.
(2) "Board" means a district weed board created under 7-22-2103, MCA.
(3) "Cubes and other processed forage products (physical form) " means forage harvested from a certified field that is compacted into large pellets.
(4) "Field unit" means the part of a field that may be certified or which has been certified.
(5) "Grain concentrate" means a grain product which includes but is not limited to whole grains, intended for livestock consumption that has been cleaned of noxious weed seeds by an approved process, inspected by an agent, and identified under a department-approved process as "Montana NWSFF certified".
(6) "Montana certified forage" means forage products from fields that meet Montana's forage certification standards and are approved by an agent; or grain concentrates, processed pellets, cubes and other forage products that meet the requirements of ARM 4.5.306(2) through (8) .
(7) "Pellets and other processed forage products (physical form) " means agglomerated feed formed by compacting and forcing through die openings by a mechanical process. If temperature is not used in the process, the forage must be from a certified field.
(8) "Restricted area" means an area designated by an agency, group or person that requires the use of noxious weed seed free forage.
History: 80-7-909, MCA; IMP, 80-7-903, 80-7-905, MCA; NEW, 1996 MAR p. 1361, Eff. 5/24/96; AMD, 1998 MAR p. 2260, Eff. 8/28/98; AMD, 2004 MAR p. 311, Eff. 2/13/04.