4.5.309 CERTIFICATION OF AGENTS
(1) Each person desiring to be an agent must be trained and certified according to department standards.
(2) The following are minimum requirements for initial certification:
(a) field inspection techniques and procedures;
(b) map reading;
(c) knowledge of weed management, including:
(ii) mowing, cutting or rogueing;
(iii) mechanical methods;
(d) forms used;
(e) state and regional certification standards and guidelines;
(f) state and regional noxious and poisonous weed identification and training;
(g) certify with a written examination score of 80% or better.
(3) Agents participating in the NWSFF program will receive an annual recertification packet containing:
(a) any changes or additions to the NWSFF law and rules and/or general program;
(b) any changes or additions to the Montana noxious weed list;
(c) form updates;
(d) regional program changes and issues; and
(e) an identification card to be used in the current season.
(4) Agents certifying grain concentrates from noncertified fields must be trained department inspectors familiar with grain sampling procedures.
(5) If an agent intentionally falsifies the certificate of an inspection, that agent will lose certification status.
History: 80-7-909, MCA; IMP, 80-7-905, MCA; NEW, 1996 MAR p. 1361, Eff. 5/24/96; AMD, 1998 MAR p. 2260, Eff. 8/28/98; AMD, 2004 MAR p. 311, Eff. 2/13/04.