42.11.213 VENDOR PERMIT
(1) A vendor seeking to promote the sale of its liquor in Montana shall obtain a vendor permit from the department and employ at least one representative pursuant to ARM 42.11.211.
(2) An applicant for a vendor permit must submit an electronic application and the vendor permit fee.
(3) The department shall deny an application upon determining that the applicant possesses an ownership interest in any Montana alcoholic beverage retail license or state agency liquor store.
(4) A vendor permit is effective upon the department's approval of the application. All vendor permits expire on September 30 of each year.
(5) A vendor seeking renewal of its vendor permit shall submit an electronic renewal application and the vendor permit fee on or before September 1 of each year.
(6) The annual vendor permit fee is based upon the total number of cases the vendor sold to the department during the preceding fiscal year (July 1 to June 30) as follows:
(a) 0-24 cases = no charge;
(b) 25-100 cases = $100;
(c) 101-1,000 cases = $200;
(d) 1,001 - 2,000 cases = $300; and
(e) 2,001 or more cases = $400.
History: 16-1-303, MCA; IMP, 16-3-103, MCA; NEW, Eff. 9/4/75; AMD, 1985 MAR p. 165, Eff. 2/15/85; AMD, 1987 MAR p. 1795, Eff. 10/16/87; AMD, 2001 MAR p. 449, Eff. 3/23/01; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 2793, Eff. 11/7/14; AMD, 2015 MAR p. 2093, Eff. 11/26/15.