42.12.323 PERMISSIBLE AND PROHIBITED SPECIAL PERMIT ACTIVITIES
(1) A special permit issued pursuant to 16-4-301, MCA, entitles the holder to sell and serve beer and/or table wine at retail only at a booth, stand, or other fixed place of business within the exhibition enclosure, confined to specified premises or designated areas, described in the application and approved by the department. A holder of any such permit, or his agents or employees may also sell and serve beer in the grandstand or bleacher.
(2) A special event may only last for a maximum of three days except that each permit holder may have one special event per year that lasts up to seven days for a fair if it is a county, state, or regional fair that occurs no more than once per year, is held on a publicly-owned fairgrounds, and is officially sanctioned by a government entity.
(3) Special permits issued under 16-4-301, MCA, entitle the holder to sell and serve liquor, beer, and/or table wine at retail only within the hall or building described in the application. A holder of a special permit, the holder's agents, or employees may not sell liquor, beer, and/or table wine to persons other than members of the permittee organization and their bona fide guests. Where posts of nationally chartered veterans organizations or lodges of a recognized national fraternal organization do not own or maintain a permanent post, lodge building, or hall, the department may issue a special permit to the organization for use at premises where the post or lodge regularly meet to conduct its meetings or community related events.
(4) Beer wholesalers and table wine distributors shall not:
(a) allow their employees to assist a special permittee or catering permittee in the sale of beer and/or table wine, except for setting up equipment for sale and service of beer or table wine; or
(b) sell beer and/or table wine to a special permittee or catering permittee on a consignment basis.
(5) A special permittee or catering permittee may use portable equipment furnished by a wholesaler in accordance with 16-3-241, MCA.
History: 16-1-303, MCA; IMP, 16-3-103, 16-3-241, 16-4-301, MCA; NEW, Eff. 11/3/75; AMD, 1985 MAR p. 167, Eff. 2/15/85; AMD, 1985 MAR p. 1632, Eff. 11/1/85; AMD, 1987 MAR p. 1491, Eff. 10/1/87; AMD, 2001 MAR p. 449, Eff. 3/23/01; AMD, 2004 MAR p. 1972, Eff. 8/20/04; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 2227, Eff. 9/24/10.