42.2.803 REQUIRED EMPLOYEE CONDUCT
(1) Employees shall be familiar with these rules and the code of ethics adopted by the Montana legislature in order to enable them to recognize a conflict of interest, appearance of conflict of interest or other ethical issue and make full, complete and timely disclosure.
(2) Employees shall disclose any personal conflicts of interest, appearance of a personal conflict of interest or personal ethical issue as soon as it becomes known to them or should have become known to them.
(3) Employees shall seek to avoid employment outside of the department that creates an actual conflict of interest with their work for the department.
(4) Employees shall comply with all statutory provisions that the department administers including but not limited to filing requirements and payment of taxes.
(5) Employees shall conduct themselves with the highest sense of integrity and loyalty so as to serve the public interest, honor the public trust and demonstrate their commitment to professionalism.
(6) Pursuant to 16-1-304 , MCA, employees involved in any way in administering any of the state liquor laws for the department shall not directly or indirectly become involved in any business which sells alcoholic beverages. The prohibited involvement is interpreted broadly to include direct or indirect ownership, employment, or agency relationships of all types.
History: 2-15-112, 15-1-201, MCA; IMP, 2-2-101, 2-2-104, 2-2-121, 2-15-112, 15-1-201, 15-1-202, MCA; NEW, 1999 MAR p. 2576, Eff. 11/5/99.