6.6.4204 QUALIFICATIONS FOR INSTRUCTORS
(1) Unless exempted by ARM 6.6.4213, instructors must meet the following qualifications for the commissioner to approve the course:
(a) hold a high school diploma or equivalent certificate; and
(b) have experience in at least one of the following:
(i) have three or more years of managerial, supervisory, technical, or teaching experience in the insurance lines the individual plans to teach;
(ii) have appropriate national designations; or
(iii) have been approved on an exception basis by the commissioner.
(2) No person will be qualified as an instructor who:
(a) has had an insurance producer's, adjuster's or consultant's license suspended or revoked in Montana or any other state;
(b) has any outstanding fines for insurance-related disciplinary offenses imposed by the commissioner or by any regulatory authority in any other state;
(c) has been found to have violated or not complied with a provision of Title 33, MCA, during a contested case proceeding within the preceding two years; or
(d) has been found to have violated a rule, subpoena, or order of the commissioner or by any regulatory authority in any other state, during a contested case proceeding within the preceding two years.
(3) An instructor may be disqualified, if that person:
(a) has been convicted of a felony;
(b) has intentionally falsified documents filed with the commissioner;
(c) has intentionally misrepresented course approval, credit hour assignment, curriculum, or content of a course to students or prospective students;
(d) has solicited students as clients or recruited students as candidates for appointment by insurers or agencies during the instructional portion of a course offering; or
(e) has been found to have violated other applicable statutes or administrative rules.
(4) Licensees teaching or lecturing approved courses will be credited with two times the number of approved credit hours of courses they instruct.
(5) Proctors will not earn continuing education credit for their services.
History: 33-1-313, 33-17-1206, MCA; IMP, 33-17-1203, 33-17-1204, MCA; NEW, 1993 MAR p. 3004, Eff. 12/24/93; AMD, 1996 MAR p. 1661, Eff. 6/21/96; AMD, 2001 MAR p. 2134, Eff. 10/26/01; AMD, 2008 MAR p. 1455, Eff. 7/18/08.