8.22.3701 MATCH BRONC AND WILD HORSE RIDE DEFINITIONS
In this subchapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Draw" means the procedure for matching riders and horses as overseen by the judges and stewards.
(2) "Entry" means the combination of individual riders and horses as assigned a betting entry number.
(3) "Judge" means a person licensed by the board to evaluate match bronc rides and enter scores on the performances of riders and horses.
(4) "Long-go" means a section of qualifying match rides to determine the high scoring riders who will advance to the championship short-go match.
(5) "Mark-out" means the bronc rider must have both feet over the point of the bronc's shoulder, toes pointed out, from the time the chute gate opens until the bronc's front feet hit the ground.
(6) "Match bronc ride" has the same definition found at 23-4-101, MCA.
(7) "Qualified ride" means a ride which lasts eight seconds as determined by the official timer.
(8) "Re-ride" means the judges' granting of a ride on a substitute horse due to an incident on the original ride which was beyond the rider's control. The term is synonymous with "scratch" for parimutuel betting purposes.
(9) "Rodeo secretary" means the person licensed by the board who is responsible for collecting entry fees, recording draws, collecting and compiling judges' scores, determining placing, and paying prize money to contestants.
(10) "Score" means the aggregate number of points awarded by the judges during a qualified ride. Such points will be averaged to arrive at a final score.
(11) "Scratch" means the disqualification of an entry such that no parimutuel pay-out is made.
(12) "Short-go" means the final championship round composed of riders who qualified by attaining the highest scores in the qualifying or long-go round matches.
(13) "Timer" means the person licensed by the board who determines the official qualifying rides of eight second duration.
(14) "Wild horse ride" has the same definition found at 23-4-101, MCA.
History: 23-4-104, 23-4-202, MCA; IMP, 23-4-101, 23-4-105, 23-4-202, MCA; NEW, 2007 MAR p. 620, Eff. 5/11/07; TRANS, from 32.28.1901, 2015 MAR p. 2252, Eff. 12/25/15.