BEFORE THE BOARD OF DENTISTRY
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment ) NOTICE OF AMENDMENT
of ARM 24.138.407 functions for dental )
hygienists, 24.138.3102 specialty )
advertising, and the adoption of NEW )
RULE I hygiene diagnosis and treatment )
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On January 17, 2008, the Board of Dentistry (board) published MAR Notice No. 24-138-64 regarding the proposed amendment and adoption of the above-stated rules, at page 14 of the 2008 Montana Administrative Register, issue no. 1.
2. On February 7, 2008, a public hearing was held on the proposed amendment and adoption of the above-stated rules in Helena. Numerous comments were received by the February 15, 2008, deadline.
3. The board has thoroughly considered the comments and testimony received. No comments or testimony were received regarding ARM 24.138.3102.
4. The board has amended ARM 24.138.3102 exactly as proposed.
5. The board is not amending ARM 24.138.407 nor adopting NEW RULE I at this time. The board received numerous comments both supporting and opposing the proposed amendment and adoption. Following review and consideration of all comments received and due to concerns raised by the comments and by the board itself, the board has decided to not amend ARM 24.138.407 nor adopt NEW RULE I as proposed at this time.
BOARD OF DENTISTRY
DR. PAUL SIMMS, DDS
/s/ DARCEE L. MOE /s/ KEITH KELLY
Darcee L. Moe Keith Kelly, Commissioner
Alternate Rule Reviewer DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Certified to the Secretary of State March 17, 2008