BEFORE THE MONTANA COAL BOARD
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the proposed adoption of New Rule I pertaining to the internal management procedures of the Montana Coal Board
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED ADOPTION
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On May 2, 2008, at 10:00 a.m, the Montana Coal Board and theDepartment of Commerce will hold a public hearing in Room 226 of the Park Avenue Building, 301 South Park Avenue, at Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed adoption of the above-stated rule.
2. The Montana Coal Board and the Department of Commerce will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the department no later than 5:00 p.m., April 25, 2008, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Joe LaForest, Community Development Division, Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, MT 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2789; TDD (406) 841-2702; fax (406) 841-2771; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The rule as proposed to be adopted provides as follows:
NEW RULE I INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF RULES GOVERNING THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE COAL BOARD (1) The Coal Board adopts and incorporates by reference the Internal Management Procedures dated 2008 adopted by it as rules governing the proceedings of the Coal Board.
(2) Copies of the procedures adopted by reference in (1) can be obtained from the Department of Commerce, Community Development Division, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, MT 59620-0523.
AUTH: 90-6-205, MCA
IMP: 90-6-205, MCA
REASON: It is reasonably necessary to adopt this rule because the board is required by its existing administrative rules to adopt rules governing its proceedings.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments concerning the proposed action either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to: Joe LaForest, Community Development Division, Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, MT 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2789; fax (406) 841-2771; or e-mail email@example.com, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., May 12, 2008.
5. Kelly A. Casillas, Department of Commerce, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
6. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the Community Development Division, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, MT 59620-0523, by fax to (406) 841-2771, or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
7. An electronic copy of this Proposal Notice is available through the Secretary of State's web site at http://sos.mt.gov/ARM/Register. The Secretary of State strives to make the electronic copy of the Notice conform to the official version of the Notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the Notice and the electronic version of the Notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the Secretary of State works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
8. The bill sponsor notice requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
MONTANA COAL BOARD
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
/s/ KELLY A. CASILLAS /s/ ANTHONY J. PREITE
KELLY A. CASILLAS ANTHONY J. PREITE
Rule Reviewer Director
Department of Commerce
Certified to the Secretary of State March 31, 2008.