BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 37.36.604 pertaining to financial eligibility criteria
AMENDED NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING AND EXTENSION OF COMMENT PERIOD ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On May 27, 2022, the Department of Public Health and Human Services published MAR Notice No. 37-985 pertaining to the public hearing on the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule at page 782 of the 2022 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 10. A public hearing was held on June 16, 2022.
2. The Department of Public Health and Human Services will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Public Health and Human Services no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 15, 2022, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Valerie St. Clair, Department of Public Health and Human Services, Office of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 4210, Helena MT 59604-4210; telephone (406) 444-6863; fax (406) 444-9744; or e-mail email@example.com.
3. The statement of reasonable necessity in the original proposal notice stated an incorrect effective date. This rule will be retroactive. Furthermore, the time period for public comment is being extended to September 2, 2022.
4. The statement of reasonable necessity is being amended as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
There would be no fiscal impact due to the increase in the FPL. A minimal number of clients that are served by the MTAP exceed the FPL. The majority are well under the FPL. An increase in the FPL would be very minimal and most likely not yield any additional costs to the MTAP program.
The department intends for the proposed amendments to
be effective the day after publication have a retroactive effective date of January 12, 2022.
5. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments concerning the proposed action in writing to: Valerie St. Clair, Office of Legal Affairs, Department of Public Health and Human Services, P.O. Box 4210, Helena MT 59604-4210, no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 2, 2022. Comments may also be faxed to (406) 444-9744 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
/s/ ALEEA SHARP /s/ CHARLES T. BRERETON
Aleea Sharp Charles T. Brereton, Director
Rule Reviewer Department of Public Health and Human Services
Certified to the Secretary of State July 26, 2022.