BEFORE THE STATE LOTTERY AND SPORTS WAGERING COMMISSION
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 2.63.201 pertaining to procedural rules
NOTICE OF PROPOSED AMENDMENT
NO PUBLIC HEARING CONTEMPLATED
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On September 24, 2022, the commission proposes to amend the above-stated rule.
2. The commission will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the commission no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 17, 2022, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Julie James, Department of Administration, P.O. Box 200101, Helena, Montana 59620-0101; telephone (406) 444-2460; Montana Relay Service 711, facsimile (406) 444-6194; or e-mail to Julie.James2@mt.gov.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
2.63.201 PROCEDURAL RULES (1) remains the same.
(2) The commission adopts and incorporates the public meeting rule of the Department of Administration found in ARM 2.2.102.
AUTH: 2-3-103, 2-4-201, MCA
IMP: 2-3-103, 2-4-201, MCA
STATEMENT OF REASONABLE NECESSITY: The commission is proposing to amend this rule to adopt and incorporate the department's recently adopted new rule regarding public meetings. This will ensure that the public has a reasonable opportunity to participate in the commission's deliberations and decisions that are of significant public interest.
4. Concerned persons may present their data, views, or arguments concerning the proposed action to the person listed in paragraph 2 above. Comments must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., September 2, 2022.
5. If persons who are directly affected by the proposed actions wish to express their data, views, or arguments orally or in writing at a public hearing, they must make written request for a hearing and submit this request along with any written comments to the person listed in paragraph 2 above no later than 5:00 p.m., August 17, 2022.
6. If the commission receives requests for a public hearing on the proposed action from 25 persons directly affected by the proposed action; from the appropriate administrative rule review committee of the Legislature; from a governmental subdivision or agency; or from an association having not less than 25 members who will be directly affected, a hearing will be held at a later date. Notice of the hearing will be published in the Montana Administrative Register. Ten percent of those directly affected has been determined to be greater than 25 based on the number of citizens in Montana.
7. An electronic copy of this proposal notice is available through the Department of Administration's website at http://doa.mt.gov/administrativerules. The department strives to make its online version of the notice conform to the official published version but advises all concerned persons that if a discrepancy exists between the official version and the department's online version, only the official text will be considered. In addition, although the department works to keep its website accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the website may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
8. The commission maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this division. Persons who wish to have their name added to the mailing list shall make a written request that includes the name, mailing address, and e-mail address of the person to receive notices and specifies that the person wishes to receive notices regarding division rulemaking actions. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written requests may be mailed or delivered to the person listed in paragraph 2 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the commission.
9. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
10. The commission has determined that under 2-4-111, MCA, the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
By: /s/ Leo Prigge By: /s/ Don Harris
Leo Prigge Don Harris, Rule Reviewer
Chair Department of Administration
State Lottery and Sports
Certified to the Secretary of State July 26, 2022.