BEFORE THE BOARD OF OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION
THE DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
AND CONSERVATION OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
To: All Concerned Persons
1. On September 24, 2009, the Board of Oil and Gas Conservation of the Department of Natural Resources and Conservation published MAR Notice No. 36-22-135 regarding the proposed amendment of the above-stated rules at page 1619 of the 2009 Montana Administrative Register, Issue No. 18.
2. The department has amended ARM 36.22.307, 36.22.1214 through 36.22.1216, and 36.22.1243 as proposed.
3. The department has amended the following rule as proposed, but with the following changes from the original proposal, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
36.22.302 DEFINITIONS Unless the context otherwise requires, the words defined shall have the following meaning when found in these rules:
(1) through (52) remain as proposed.
(53) "Owner", as defined in 82-11-101(9), MCA, means the person who has the right to drill into and produce from a pool and to appropriate the oil or gas the person produced from a pool either for the person or others or for the person or for the person and others, and the term includes all persons holding that authority by or through the person with the right to drill.
(54) through (81) remain as proposed.
4. The department has thoroughly considered the comment and testimony received. The comment received and the department's response are as follows:
COMMENT: Commenter stated that the word "to" should be inserted in ARM 36.22.302(53) between "right" and "drill" in the last sentence.
RESPONSE: DNRC thanks the commenter and has made the change.
/s/ Mary Sexton /s/ Tommy Butler
MARY SEXTON TOMMY BUTLER
Director Rule Reviewer
Certified to the Secretary of State November 2, 2009.