BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 8.94.3726 pertaining to the administration of the 2010-2011 Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On September 20, 2010, at 1:30 p.m., the Department of Commerce will hold a public hearing in Room B-18 of the Park Avenue Building at 301 South Park Avenue, Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Commerce will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Commerce no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 13, 2010, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Gus Byrom, Department of Commerce, Community Development Division, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2777; fax (406) 841-2771; TDD (406) 841-2702; or e-mail email@example.com.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
8.94.3726 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE 2010-2011 CDBG PROGRAM (1) The Department of Commerce adopts and incorporates by reference the Montana Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program FFY 2010 Application Guidelines for Housing and Public Facilities Planning Grants,
and FFY 2011 Application Guidelines for Public Facilities Projects, and FFY 2011 Application Guidelines for Housing and Neighborhood Renewal Projects; the Montana CDBG Economic Development Program FFY 2010 Application Guidelines for the CDBG Economic Development Program and FFY 2010 Application Guidelines for CDBG Economic Development Program Planning Projects; and the Montana CDBG Program and Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) FFY 2010 Grant Administration Manual published as rules for the administration of the CDBG and NSP programs.
(2) and (3) remain the same.
AUTH: 90-1-103, MCA
IMP: 90-1-103, MCA
REASON: It is reasonably necessary to amend this rule because the federal regulations governing the state's administration of the FFY 2010 and FFY 2011 CDBG program and 90-1-103, MCA, require the department to adopt rules to implement the program. Local government entities must have these application guidelines before the entities may apply to the department for financial assistance under the CDBG program. The Application Guidelines describe the federal and state requirements with which local governments must comply in order to apply for CDBG funds.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to the Department of Commerce, Community Development Division, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2777; fax (406) 841-2771; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., September 30, 2010.
5. Gus Byrom, Department of Commerce, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
6. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200501, Helena, Montana 59620-0501; fax (406) 841-2701; e-mail email@example.com; or by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
7. An electronic copy of this proposal notice is available through the Secretary of State's web site at http://sos.mt.gov/ARM/Register. The Secretary of State strives to make the electronic copy of the notice conform to the official version of the notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the notice and the electronic version of the notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the Secretary of State works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
8. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
/s/ KELLY A. CASILLAS /s/ DORE SCHWINDEN
KELLY A. CASILLAS DORE SCHWINDEN
Rule Reviewer Director
Department of Commerce
Certified to the Secretary of State August 16, 2010.