BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 8.94.3814 pertaining to the Treasure State Endowment Program
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On October 12, 2011, at 1:00 p.m., the Department of Commerce will hold a public hearing in Room 226 of the Park Avenue Building at 301 South Park Avenue, at Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Commerce will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact Department of Commerce no later than 5:00 p.m. on October 7, 2011, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Becky Anseth, Community Development Division, Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana, 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2865; fax (406) 841-2771; TDD (406) 841-2702; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
8.94.3814 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF TREASURE STATE ENDOWMENT GRANTS
AWARDED BY THE 2007 LEGISLATURE (1) The Department of Commerce adopts and incorporates by reference the 2011 Montana Treasure State Endowment Program Project Administration Manual, dated May 2007, published by it as rules for the administration of TSEP grants awarded by the 2007 Legislature.
(2) and (3) remain the same.
AUTH: 90-6-710, MCA
IMP: 90-6-710, MCA
REASON: It is reasonably necessary to amend this rule because grantees must be aware of the current state statutory and regulatory requirements and the department’s requirements for administering their projects.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to: Becky Ansenth, Community Development Division, Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana, 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-22865; fax (406) 841-2771; or e-mail email@example.com, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., October 20, 2011.
5. Becky Anseth, Department of Commerce, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
6. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the contact person in 4 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
7. An electronic copy of this proposal notice is available through the Secretary of State's web site at http://sos.mt.gov/ARM/Register. The Secretary of State strives to make the electronic copy of the notice conform to the official version of the notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the notice and the electronic version of the notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the Secretary of State works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
8. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
/s/ KELLY A. CASILLAS /s/ DORE SCHWINDEN
KELLY A. CASILLAS DORE SCHWINDEN
Rule Reviewer Director
Department of Commerce
Certified to the Secretary of State September 12, 2011.