BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 8.94.3814, pertaining to governing the submission and review of applications for funding under the Treasure State Endowment Program (TSEP)
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On June 26, 2013, at 2:30 p.m., the Department of Commerce will hold a public hearing in Room 228 of the Park Avenue Building, 301 South Park Avenue, Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Commerce will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Commerce no later than 5:00 p.m., June 20, 2013, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Becky Anseth, Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2865; TDD (406) 841-2702; facsimile (406) 841-2771; or e-mail to email@example.com.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
8.94.3814 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF RULES FOR THE ADMINSTRATION OF TREASURE STATE ENDOWMENT GRANTS
(1) The Department of Commerce adopts and incorporates by reference the
2011 2013 Montana Treasure State Endowment Program Project Administration Manual, published by it as rules for the administration of TSEP grants.
(2) and (3) remain the same.
AUTH: 90-6-710, MCA
IMP: 90-6-710, MCA
REASON: It is reasonably necessary to amend this rule to update the administration manual to reflect the new 2015 biennium legislation awarding TSEP grants.
4. Concerned persons may present their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to the Department of Commerce, Community Development Division, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana, 59620-0523; by facsimile to (406) 841-2771, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., July 5, 2013.
5. Becky Anseth, TSEP Program Manager, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
6. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list may make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200501, Helena, Montana 59620-0501, by fax to (406) 841-2701, by e-mail to email@example.com, or by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
7. An electronic copy of this Proposal Notice is available through the Secretary of State's web site at http://sos.mt.gov/ARM/Register. The Secretary of State strives to make the electronic copy of the notice conform to the official version of the notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the notice and the electronic version of the notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the Secretary of State works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
8. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
/s/ G. Martin Tuttle /s/ Meg O'Leary
G. MARTIN TUTTLE MEG O'LEARY
Rule Reviewer Director
Department of Commerce
Certified to the Secretary of State May 23, 2013.