BEFORE THE BOARD OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 24.225.401 fee schedule
NOTICE OF EXTENSION OF COMMENT PERIOD ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On May 23, 2013, the Board of Veterinary Medicine (board) published MAR Notice No. 24-225-36 regarding the public hearing on the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule, at page 814 of the 2013 Montana Administrative Register, issue no. 10. A public hearing was announced in the notice and subsequently held in Helena on June 13, 2013.
2. In response to public request, the board has decided to extend the public comment period to 5:00 p.m., on July 19, 2013.
3. The Department of Labor and Industry (department) will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Board of Veterinary Medicine no later than 5:00 p.m., on July 13, 2013, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Cheryl Brandt, Board of Veterinary Medicine, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, Montana 59620-0513; telephone (406) 841-2394; Montana Relay 1-800-253-4091; TDD (406) 444-2978; facsimile (406) 841-2305; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The rule proposed to be amended provides as follows, stricken matter interlined, new matter underlined:
24.225.401 FEE SCHEDULE
(1) remains the same.
(a) Renewal of license $
(b) through (2)(b) remain the same.
(c) Renewal of certification
(3) and (a) remain the same.
(b) Technician renewal
(c) remains the same.
(d) Agency renewal
(e) through (5) remain the same.
AUTH: 37-1-134, 37-18-202, 37-18-603, MCA
IMP: 37-1-134, 37-1-141, 37-1-304, 37-1-305, 37-18-302, 37-18-603, MCA
REASON: Section 37-1-134, MCA, requires all professional and occupational licensing boards to set and maintain fees commensurate with associated costs. The board is amending this rule by raising renewal fees to meet expected operating costs for salaries and benefits, legal costs, and the scanning and electronic storage of all licensing files. In providing administrative services to the board, the department has determined that unless these renewal fees are increased as proposed, the board will have a negative cash balance and shortage of operating funds in FY 2014. The board estimates that the proposed fee changes will affect approximately 1056 renewing licensees and result in a $37,203 increase in annual board revenue.
5. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments concerning the proposed action in writing to the Board of Veterinary Medicine, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, Montana 59620-0513, by facsimile to (406) 841-2305, email@example.com.
BOARD OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
KIM BAKER, PRESIDENT
/s/ DARCEE L. MOE /s/ PAM BUCY
Darcee L. Moe Pam Bucy, Commissioner
Rule Reviewer DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Certified to the Secretary of State July 1, 2013