BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICE REGULATION
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 38.5.2202 and 38.5.2302 pertaining to pipeline safety
NOTICE OF PROPOSED AMENDMENT
NO PUBLIC HEARING CONTEMPLATED
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On January 16, 2014, the Department of Public Service Regulation (Public Service Commission or PSC) proposes to amend the above-stated rules.
2. The PSC will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or who need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Public Service Regulation no later than 4:00 p.m. on December 20, 2013, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation you need. Please contact Aleisha Solem, 1701 Prospect Avenue, P.O. Box 202601, Helena, Montana 59620-2601; telephone (406) 444-6170; TTD (406) 444-6199; fax (406) 444-7618; or e-mail ASolem@mt.gov.
3. The rules proposed to be amended provide as follows, stricken matter interlined, new matter underlined:
38.5.2202 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF FEDERAL PIPELINE SAFETY REGULATIONS (1) The commission adopts and incorporates by reference the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Pipeline Safety Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 49, chapter 1, subchapter D, parts 191, 192, and 193, including all revisions and amendments enacted by DOT on or before
October 30, 2012 October 30, 2013. A copy of the referenced regulations may be obtained from United States Department of Transportation, Office of Pipeline Safety, Western Region, 12300 West Dakota Avenue, Suite 110, Lakewood, Colorado 80228, or may be reviewed at the Public Service Commission Offices, 1701 Prospect Avenue, Helena, Montana 59620-2601.
AUTH: 69-3-207, MCA
IMP: 69-3-207, MCA
38.5.2302 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF FEDERAL PIPELINE SAFETY REGULATIONS -- DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS (1) Except as otherwise provided in this subchapter, the commission adopts and incorporates by reference the DOT Pipeline Safety Regulations, Drug and Alcohol Testing, 49 CFR 199, including all revisions and amendments enacted by DOT on or before
October 30, 2012 October 30, 2013. A copy of the referenced CFRs is available from the United States Department of Transportation, Office of Pipeline Safety, Western Region, 12300 West Dakota Avenue, Suite 110, Lakewood, Colorado 80228, or may be reviewed at the Public Service Commission Offices, 1701 Prospect Avenue, Helena, Montana 59620-2601.
AUTH: 69-3-207, MCA
IMP: 69-3-207, MCA
REASON: Amendment of ARM 38.5.2202 and 38.5.2302 (annual update) is necessary to allow the department to administer the most recent version of federal rules applicable in the department's administration of all federal aspects of Montana's pipeline safety programs. A copy of the referenced regulations may be reviewed at the department's offices or are available online at http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrieveECFR?gp=&SID=3e139b8fe42796ca0335e22c595fab2a&r=PART&n=49y126.96.36.199.7.
4. Concerned persons may submit their written data, views, or arguments to Aleisha Solem, Department of Public Service Regulation, 1701 Prospect Avenue, P.O. Box 202601, Helena, MT 59620-2601; telephone (406) 444-6170; fax (406) 444-7618; or e-mail email@example.com and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. December 27, 2013.
5. The Montana Consumer Counsel, 111 North Last Chance Gulch, Helena, Montana 59620-1703, telephone (406) 444-2771, is available and may be contacted to represent consumer interests in this matter.
6. If persons who are directly affected by the proposed amendment wish to express their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at a public hearing, they must make written request for a hearing and submit this request along with any written comments to Justin Kraske, Legal Division, Department of Public Service Regulation, 1701 Prospect Avenue, P.O. Box 202601, Helena, Montana 59620-2601, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be received no later than 5:00 p.m., December 27, 2013.
7. If the PSC receives requests for a public hearing on the proposed action from either 10% or 25, whichever is less, of the persons directly affected by the proposed action; from the appropriate administrative rule review committee of the Legislature; from a governmental subdivision or agency; or from an association having not less than 25 members who will be directly affected, a hearing will be held at a later date. Notice of the hearing will be published in the Montana Administrative Register. Ten percent of those directly affected has been determined to be 2 entities based on the 27 entities affected.
8. The PSC maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by the PSC. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request which includes the name, e-mail address, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies that the person wishes to receive notices regarding: electric utilities, providers, and suppliers; natural gas utilities, providers, and suppliers; telecommunications utilities and carriers; water and sewer utilities; common carrier pipelines; motor carriers; rail carriers; and/or administrative procedures. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to Department of Public Service Regulation, Legal Division, 1701 Prospect Avenue, P.O. Box 202601, Helena, Montana 59620-2601, faxed to Aleisha Solem at (406) 444-7618, e-mailed to ASolem@mt.gov, or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the PSC.
9. An electronic copy of this proposal notice is available on the PSC's web site and also through the Secretary of State's web site at http://sos.mt.gov/ARM/Register. The Secretary of State strives to make the electronic copy of the notice conform to the official version of the notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register. However, the PSC advises that it will decide any conflict between the official version and the electronic version in favor of the official printed version. In addition, although the Secretary of State works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
10. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
11. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the amendment of the above-referenced rules will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ JUSTIN KRASKE /s/ W.A. (BILL) GALLAGHER
Justin Kraske W.A. (Bill) Gallagher
Rule Reviewer Chairman
Department of Public Service Regulation
Certified to the Secretary of State November 18, 2013.