BEFORE THE FISH AND WILDLIFE COMMISSION
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 12.11.645 pertaining to Whitefish River
NOTICE OF EXTENSION OF COMMENT PERIOD ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On March 13, 2014, the Fish and Wildlife Commission (commission) published MAR Notice No. 12-406 pertaining to the public hearing on the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule at page 434 of the 2014 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 5.
2. A public hearing was held on April 10, 2014, to consider the proposed amendments. The commission is proposing an alternative to be considered in conjunction with the original proposed amendments. An extension of the comment period is necessary to address the alternative language. The rule as proposed provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
12.11.645 WHITEFISH RIVER (1) Whitefish River is located in Flathead County.
(2) Whitefish River is limited to a controlled no wake speed, or minimum operating speed necessary to progress upstream, as defined in ARM 12.11.101(1),
in the following areas: from its confluence with Whitefish Lake to the bridge on JP Road.
(a) Whitefish River from its confluence with Whitefish Lake to the bridge on the JP Road.
(3) Whitefish River is limited to manually and electric powered watercraft from the railroad trestle south of Whitefish Lake outlet to the bridge on JP Road from July 5 through September 30.
AUTH: 23-1-106, 87-1-303, MCA
IMP: 23-1-106, 87-1-303, MCA
3. The commission will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the department no later than 5:00 p.m. on July 25, 2014, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Jessica Snyder, Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks, P.O. Box 200701, Helena, Montana, 59620-0701; telephone (406) 444-9785; fax (406) 444-7456; or e-mail email@example.com.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments concerning the proposed actions in writing to: Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks Region 1 Office, 490 North Meridian Road, Kalispell, Montana, 59901; fax (406) 257-0349; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be received no later than August 8, 2014.
/s/ Dan Vermillion /s/ Zach Zipfel
Chairman Zach Zipfel
Fish and Wildlife Commission Rule Reviewer
Certified to the Secretary of State June 30, 2014.