BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF FISH, WILDLIFE AND PARKS
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 12.10.103 and 12.10.104 pertaining to shooting range grants
NOTICE OF AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On July 10, 2014, the Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks (department) published MAR Notice No. 12-415 pertaining to the proposed amendment of the above-stated rules at page 1462 of the 2014 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 13.
2. The department has amended ARM 12.10.103 as proposed.
3. The department has amended ARM 12.10.104 as proposed, but with the following changes from the original proposal, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
12.10.104 REIMBURSEMENT OF COSTS (1) through (3) remain as proposed.
(4) Per 87-1-278, MCA, existing assets and shooting range developments may not be applied to the matching funds or in-kind contributions. Existing assets and shooting range developments are fixed improvements to the shooting range owned or made prior to the
award of the grant application deadline.
AUTH: 87-1-201, 87-1-279, MCA
IMP: 87-1-201, 87-1-276, 87-1-278, 87-1-279, 87-2-105, MCA
4. The department has thoroughly considered the comment received and the department's response is as follows:
Comment 1: One person recommended excluding assets or developments obtained after the application date from the description of existing assets and shooting range developments. Many shooting ranges take advantage of donated or discounted construction work that is available in early spring. The shooting range should be able to take advantage of this opportunity and not wait for approval of the application.
Response 1: The department agrees and has amended ARM 12.10.104.
/s/ M. Jeff Hagener /s/ Aimee Fausser
M. Jeff Hagener Aimee Fausser
Director Rule Reviewer
Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks
Certified to the Secretary of State September 29, 2014.