BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 8.94.3817 pertaining to the administration of the 2017 Biennium Treasure State Endowment Program – Planning Grants
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On May 6, 2015, at 10:00 a.m., the Department of Commerce will hold a public hearing in Room 504A of the Park Avenue Building at 301 South Park Avenue, in Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Commerce will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Commerce no later than 5:00 p.m., April 29, 2015, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Amy Peck, Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2770; TDD 841-2702; fax (406) 841-2771; or e-mail DOCTSEP@mt.gov.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, stricken matter interlined, new matter underlined:
8.94.3817 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE TREASURE STATE ENDOWMENT PROGRAM (TSEP) – PLANNING GRANTS (1) The Department of Commerce adopts and incorporates by reference the 2015 Biennium Infrastructure Planning Grant Application and Administration Guidelines for TSEP Infrastructure Planning Grants as rules for the administration of the
2015 2017 Biennium Treasure State Endowment Program – Planning Grants.
(2) The rules incorporated by reference in (1) relate to the scope and procedures for the award, administration, monitoring, and close-out of matching planning grants to cities, towns, counties, consolidated governments, county or multicounty water, wastewater or solid waste districts, and tribal governments.
(3) Copies of the regulations adopted by reference in (1) may be obtained from the Department of Commerce, Planning Bureau, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523, or on the Planning Bureau web site at
AUTH: 90-6-701, MCA
IMP: 90-6-701, MCA
REASON: It is reasonably necessary to amend this rule to update the 2015 biennium guidelines.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to the Department of Commerce, Planning Bureau, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2770; TDD 841-2702; fax (406) 841-2771; or e-mail DOCTSEP@mt.gov, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., May 14, 2015.
5. Maria Jackson, Planning Specialist, Department of Commerce, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
6. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the contact listed in 4 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
7. An electronic copy of this proposal notice is available through the Secretary of State's web site at http://sos.mt.gov/ARM/Register. The Secretary of State strives to make the electronic copy of the notice conform to the official version of the notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the notice and the electronic version of the notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the Secretary of State works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
8. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
9. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the amendment of the above-referenced rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ KELLY A. LYNCH /s/ DOUGLAS MITCHELL
KELLY A. LYNCH Douglas Mitchell
Rule Reviewer Deputy Director
Department of Commerce
Certified to the Secretary of State April 6, 2015.