BEFORE THE Department of PUBLIC
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 37.86.2402, 37.86.2602, and 37.86.2606 pertaining to Medicaid transportation, personal per diem, and ambulance services
NOTICE OF AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On April 30, 2015, the Department of Public Health and Human Services published MAR Notice No. 37-709 pertaining to the public hearing on the proposed amendment of the above-stated rules at page 433 of the 2015 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 8.
2. The department has amended ARM 37.86.2602 and 37.86.2606 as proposed.
3. The department has amended the following rule as proposed, but with the following changes from the original proposal, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
37.86.2402 TRANSPORTATION AND PER DIEM, REQUIREMENTS
(1) and (2) remain as proposed.
(3) Coverage for transportation and per diem is only available for transportation and per diem to the site of medical services at the provider closest to the locality of the recipient
(a) through (15) remain as proposed.
AUTH: 53-6-113, MCA
IMP: 53-6-101, MCA
4. The department has thoroughly considered the comments and testimony received. A summary of the comments received and the department's responses are as follows:
COMMENT #1: A comment was received from department staff indicating that the word "unless" was inadvertently added to ARM 37.86.2402(3) implying that (3)(a), (b), and (c) are exceptions to (3). That is not accurate, only (c) is an exception to (3).
RESPONSE #1: The department will strike the word "unless" in the proposed rulemaking. The department does not believe striking the word "unless" substantively changes the proposed rule amendment.
5. These rule amendments are effective July 1, 2015
/s/ Susan Callaghan /s/ Richard H. Opper
Susan Callaghan, Attorney Richard H. Opper, Director
Rule Reviewer Public Health and Human Services
Certified to the Secretary of State June 15, 2015.