BEFORE THE BOARD OF NURSING
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 24.159.1010 standards related to intravenous (IV) therapy, and the adoption of NEW RULES I through IV related to nurse licensure compact
NOTICE OF AMENDMENT AND ADOPTION
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On May 14, 2015, the Board of Nursing (board) published MAR Notice No. 24-159-81 regarding the public hearing on the proposed amendment and adoption of the above-stated rules, at page 516 of the 2015 Montana Administrative Register, Issue No. 9.
2. On June 5, 2015, a public hearing was held on the proposed amendment and adoption of the above-stated rules in Helena. Several comments were received by the June 12, 2015, deadline.
3. The board has thoroughly considered the comments received. A summary of the comments and the board responses are as follows:
COMMENT 1: Several commenters expressed support for the amendment of ARM 24.159.1010. The commenters stated their understanding that the amendment will correct an inadvertent regulatory barrier prohibiting licensed practical nurses from mixing certain medications, a nursing task within the LPN scope of practice.
RESPONSE 1: The board appreciates all comments received in the rulemaking process. The board is amending this rule exactly as proposed.
COMMENT 2: Several commenters supported the adoption of New Rules I through IV to implement the nurse licensure compact, and offered some expectations as to the benefits of joining the nurse licensure compact.
RESPONSE 2: The board is adopting the new rules exactly as proposed and as required under the nurse licensure compact enacted by the 2015 legislature.
4. The board has amended ARM 24.159.1010 exactly as proposed.
5. The board has adopted NEW RULES I (ARM 24.159.501), II (24.159.504), III (24.159.507), and IV (24.159.510) exactly as proposed.
BOARD OF NURSING
HEATHER O'HARA, RN, PRESIDENT
/s/ DARCEE L. MOE /s/ PAM BUCY
Darcee L. Moe Pam Bucy, Commissioner
Rule Reviewer DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Certified to the Secretary of State August 31, 2015