BEFORE THE MONTANA STATE LIBRARY
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 10.102.1152 pertaining to deferrals
NOTICE OF PROPOSED AMENDMENT
NO PUBLIC HEARING CONTEMPLATED
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On December 9, 2015, the Montana State Library proposes to amend the above-stated rule.
2. The Montana State Library will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact Montana State Library no later than 5:00 p.m. on November 19, 2015, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Marlys Stark, Montana State Library, P.O. Box 201800, Helena, Montana, 59620-1800; telephone (406) 444-3384; fax (406) 444-0266; TTY (406) 444-4799; or e-mail email@example.com.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
10.102.1152 DEFERRALS (1) Any library may request a waiver from the state librarian in writing by July 25 of each year.
(a) The state librarian may grant a waiver of any of the standards in ARM
10.102.1150E 10.102.1150A through 10.102.1150M if:
(i) through (d) remain the same.
(e) Any library that employs a director without a graduate degree in library or information science or its equivalent as of July 1, 2001 is exempt from ARM 10.102.1150E.
AUTH: 22-1-103, MCA
IMP: 22-1-103, MCA
REASON: The first change is necessary to more clearly state the state librarian may grant a deferral for any standard as is current practice. The final change is necessary because the language of this subsection is confusing and it is no longer applicable because the exception can no longer be applied and all libraries that serve a population of 25,000 meet the standard.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments concerning the proposed action in writing to: Marlys Stark, Montana State Library, P.O. Box 201800, Helena, Montana, 59620-1800; telephone (406) 444-3384; fax (406) 444-0266; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., November 27, 2015.
5. If persons who are directly affected by the proposed action wish to express their data, views, or arguments orally or in writing at a public hearing, they must make written request for a hearing and submit this request along with any written comments to Marlys Stark at the above address no later than 5:00 p.m., November 27, 2015.
6. If the agency receives requests for a public hearing on the proposed action from either 10 percent or 25, whichever is less, of the persons directly affected by the proposed action; from the appropriate administrative rule review committee of the Legislature; from a governmental subdivision or agency; or from an association having not less than 25 members who will be directly affected, a hearing will be held at a later date. Notice of the hearing will be published in the Montana Administrative Register. Ten percent of those directly affected has been determined to be more than 25 persons based on the number of governmental subdivisions or agencies, as well as professional organizations and members of the public that use the many library services.
7. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the contact person in 4 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
8. An electronic copy of this proposal notice is available through the Secretary of State's web site at http://sos.mt.gov/ARM/Register. The Secretary of State strives to make the electronic copy of this notice conform to the official version of the notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the notice and the electronic version of the notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the Secretary of State works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
9. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
10. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the amendment of the above-referenced rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ Jennie Stapp /s/ Colet Bartow
Jennie Stapp Colet Bartow
Rule Reviewer Chairman
Montana State Library
Certified to the Secretary of State October 19, 2015.