BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF FISH, WILDLIFE AND PARKS
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On February 19, 2016, the Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks (department) published MAR Notice No. 12-459 pertaining to the proposed amendment and repeal of the above-stated rules at page 259 of the 2016 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 4.
2. The department has amended ARM 12.7.202, 12.7.203, and 12.7.204, and repealed ARM 12.7.205 and 12.7.206 as proposed.
3. The department has amended ARM 12.7.201 as proposed, but with the following changes from the original proposal, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
12.7.201 APPLICATION (1) A commercial bait fish seining license is required for:
(a) the collection of any nongame bait fish, as identified in the current fishing regulations, for the purpose of selling or commercial transportation and distribution; or
(b) the possession of 24 dozen (288) or more nongame bait fish, as identified in the current fishing regulations, unless the person is under 15 years of age.
(2) and (3) remain as proposed.
AUTH: 87-4-609, MCA
IMP: 87-4-601, 87-4-609, MCA
4. No comments or testimony were received. The department adopted ARM 12.7.201 with changes to clarify the nongame bait fish are identified in the fishing regulations.
/s/ William A. Schenk /s/ M. Jeff Hagener
William A. Schenk M. Jeff Hagener
Rule Reviewer Director,
Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks
Certified to the Secretary of State March 28, 2016.