BEFORE THE SECRETARY OF STATE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 44.2.301, 44.2.302, and 44.5.114 through 44.5.121 pertaining to Business Services Division filings and fees
NOTICE OF AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On February 19, 2016, the Secretary of State published MAR Notice No. 44-2-215 pertaining to the public hearing on the proposed amendment of the above-stated rules at page 304 of the 2016 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 4.
2. The Secretary of State has amended ARM 44.2.301, 44.2.302, and 44.5.114 through 44.5.120 as proposed.
3. ARM 44.5.121 is amended as proposed, but is renumbered due to an earlier amendment under MAR Notice No. 44-2-214 effective March 19, 2016. The rule in its final form will read as follows:
44.5.121 MISCELLANEOUS FEES
(1) Certificate of fact $ 15.00
(a) on-line certificate of fact 15.00
(2) Copy per name for any business entity related document
with or without certification 10.00
(3) Documents or copies returned by fax 5.00
(a) 24-hour priority handling per document or request 20.00
(b) one-hour expedited filing for all documents 100.00
(c) furnishing any certificate not otherwise provided for 15.00
(d) resignation of registered agent no charge
(e) registering a commercial registered agent 150.00
(f) registering a nonqualified foreign entity 70.00
(4) Copy of all filed trademarks per month 100.00
(5) Miscellaneous business entity reports 80.00
(6) Bulk data for corporation records vary according to data type and number of documents. Please see the Secretary of State's web site.
(7) Designation of registered agent for pesticide license 5.00
(8) Amendment of designation of registered agent for
pesticide license 5.00
(9) Surety bond, cashier's check, or certificate of deposit 15.00
(10) Amendment of surety bond, cashier's check, or certificate of deposit 5.00
(11) Business alert (watch list)—online user will be notified when
a document or notice is recorded against a business they want to track $50.00 per year
(12) If a paper-filed document is rejected because of deficiencies in the filing, a reprocessing fee of 50 percent of the initial filing fee will be assessed each time the document is resubmitted.
(13) Electronically filed documents rejected because of deficiencies in the filing will not be assessed a reprocessing fee.
(14) Documents filed with inadequate funds will be rejected and when refiled must be accompanied by a dollar amount that satisfies the initial filing fee and includes the 50 percent reprocessing fee.
4. No comments or testimony were received.
/s/ JORGE QUINTANA /s/ LINDA MCCULLOCH
Jorge Quintana Linda McCulloch
Rule Reviewer Secretary of State
Dated this 28th day of March, 2016.