BEFORE THE GRANT REVIEW COMMITTEE
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
|In the matter of the amendment of ARM 8.99.803 pertaining to the submission and review of applications for workforce training grants
|NOTICE OF PROPOSED AMENDMENT
NO PUBLIC HEARING CONTEMPLATED
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On July 9, 2007, the Department of Commerce proposes to amend the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Commerce will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the department no later than 5:00 p.m., June 21, 2007, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Fran Viereck, Department of Commerce, Business Resources Division, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200505, Helena, Montana 59620-0505; telephone (406) 841-2736; fax (406) 841-2731; or e-mail email@example.com.
3. STATEMENT OF REASONABLE NECESSITY: This amendment to administrative rule is reasonably necessary so that the department may incorporate by reference the latest iteration of application guidelines for workforce training grants into the Administrative Rules of Montana.
4. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
8.99.803 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF RULES GOVERNING SUBMISSION AND REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS FOR GRANTS SUBMITTED TO COMMITTEE (1) The committee adopts and incorporates by reference the Montana Workforce Training Grant (WTG) Program Application Guidelines dated
2005 2007 published by it as rules governing the submission and review of applications under the program. A copy of the guidelines may be obtained from the Department of Commerce, P.O. Box 200505, Helena, MT 59620-0505 and on the department's web site at http://commerce.mt.gov/indexBRD.asp or at mtfinanceonline.com.
(2) and (3) remain the same.
AUTH: 39-11-201, MCA
IMP: 39-11-201, 39-11-202, MCA
5. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments concerning the proposed action in writing to Fran Viereck, Department of Commerce, Business Resources Division, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200505, Helena, Montana 59620-0505; telephone (406) 841-2736; fax (406) 841-2731; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., July 12, 2007.
6. If persons who are directly affected by the proposed action wish to express their data, views, or arguments orally or in writing at a public hearing, they must make written request for a hearing and submit this request along with any written comments to Fran Viereck at the above address no later than 5:00 p.m., July 5, 2007.
7. If the agency receives requests for a public hearing on the proposed action from either 10% or 25, whichever is less, of the persons directly affected by the proposed action; from the appropriate administrative rule review committee of the legislature; from a governmental subdivision or agency; or from an association having not less than 25 members who will be directly affected, a hearing will be held at a later date. Notice of the hearing will be published in the Montana Administrative Register. Ten percent of those directly affected has been determined to be 500 based on 5,000 businesses in Montana that could apply for grants.
8. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200501, Helena, Montana 59620-0501, by fax to (406) 841-2701, by e-mail to email@example.com, or by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
9. An electronic copy of this Proposal Notice is available through the Secretary of State’s web site at http://sos.mt.gov/ARM/Register. The Secretary of State strives to make the electronic copy of the Notice conform to the official version of the Notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the Notice and the electronic version of the Notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the Secretary of State works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
10. The bill sponsor notice requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
/s/ G. MARTIN TUTTLE /s/ ANTHONY J. PREITE
G. MARTIN TUTTLE ANTHONY J. PREITE
Rule Reviewer Director
Department of Commerce
Certified to the Secretary of State May 29, 2007.