BEFORE THE SECRETARY OF STATE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 1.2.102 and repeal of ARM 1.2.105 pertaining to official versions of the ARM and Register
NOTICE OF AMENDMENT AND REPEAL
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On May 26, 2017, the Secretary of State published MAR Notice No. 44-2-225 pertaining to the public hearing on the proposed amendment and repeal of the above-stated rules at page 658 of the 2017 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 10. On June 23, 2017, the Secretary of State published an amended notice at page 867 of the 2017 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 12.
2. The Secretary of State has amended and repealed the above-stated rules as proposed, but with the following changes from the original proposal, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
1.2.102 OFFICIAL VERSIONS (1) The printed version of the Administrative Rules of Montana (ARM) is the official version.
(2) The electronic version of the ARM is available at http://www.mtrules.org.
(3) As of July
7 8, 2017, the electronic version of the Register is the official version. Prior to July 7 8, 2017, the printed version of the Register was the official version.
(4) An electronic version of issues of the Register is available at http://sos.mt.gov/arm/register.
(5) If the rule text in the ARM differs from the rule text in corresponding official Register notices, the rule text in the Register notices is the official rule text.
3. In the proposal notice, the proposed effective date was stated as July 7, 2017. The date of publication of this adoption notice is also July 7, 2017. The Secretary of State’s rules are typically effective the day after publication, which would make the proposed amendment and repeal of the above-stated rules effective July 8, 2017. See 2-4-306(4), MCA. The Secretary of State’s office is therefore amending and repealing the above-stated rules as proposed effective July 8, 2017, rather than July 7, 2017. Register subscribers will receive 13 printed issues of the Register in 2017. The Secretary of State’s office intends to offer refunds to paid subscribers for half the 2017 subscription fee.
4. No comments or testimony were received.
/s/ JEFFREY M. HINDOIEN /s/ COREY STAPLETON
Jeffrey M. Hindoien Corey Stapleton
Rule Reviewer Secretary of State
Dated this 26th day of June, 2017.