BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF Labor and Industry
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 24.29.1591 related to utilization and treatment guidelines for workers' compensation injuries
NOTICE OF AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On August 18, 2017, the Department of Labor and Industry published MAR Notice No. 24-29-323 pertaining to the public hearing on the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule at page 1362 of the 2017 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 16.
2. On September 8, 2017, the Department of Labor and Industry published MAR Notice No. 24-29-323 pertaining to the additional public hearing on the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule at page 1458 of the 2017 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 17.
3. The department has thoroughly considered the comments and testimony received. A summary of the comments received and the department's responses are as follows:
COMMENT 1: The department noticed two minor errors. In section (2) of the rule, there are ten chapters and not nine in the Utilization Guidelines. The department further noticed subsection (2)(g) should read Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.
RESPONSE 1: The department has made the suggested corrections.
4. The department has amended the following rule as proposed, but with the following changes from the original proposal, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
24.29.1591 Utilization and Treatment Guidelines (1) remains as proposed.
(2) The Montana Guidelines consist of the following
nine ten chapters and General Guideline Principles which are included at the beginning of each chapter:
(a) through (f) remain as proposed.
(g) Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
(h) through (5) remain as proposed.
AUTH: 39-71-203, 39-71-704, MCA
IMP: 39-71-704, MCA
/s/ Mark Cadwallader /s/ Galen Hollenbaugh
Mark Cadwallader Galen Hollenbaugh
Rule Reviewer Commissioner
Labor and Industry
Certified to the Secretary of State November 13, 2017.