BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 18.4.110
pertaining to acceptance and use of electronic records and electronic signatures
NOTICE OF AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On July 26, 2007, the Department of Transportation published MAR Notice No. 18-119 pertaining to the proposed amendment of the above-stated rules at page 998 of the 2007 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 14.
2. No comments were received, but the department amends ARM 18.4.110 with the following changes, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
(1) through (18) remain as proposed.
(19) "Subscriber" means a person holding a private key that corresponds to a public key listed or identified in a certificate and who is the person to whom digitally signed records verified by reference to the certificate are to be attributed.
(19) and (20) remain as proposed but are renumbered (20) and (21).
AUTH: 30-18-118, MCA
IMP: 30-18-104, 30-18-107, 30-18-109, 30-18-113, 30-18-114, 30-18-116, 30-18-117, MCA
3. This change is being made because the definition was inadvertently omitted from the Notice published on July 26, 2007.
4. Therefore, the department amends ARM 18.4.110 with the changes listed above and amends ARM 18.4.111, 18.4.112, 18.4.113, 18.4.114, and 18.4.115 as proposed. The amended rules are effective on October 1, 2007.
/s/ Lyle Manley /s/ Jim Lynch
Lyle Manley Jim Lynch
Rule Reviewer Director, Department of Transportation
Certified to the Secretary of State September 10, 2007