BEFORE THE Department of FISH, WILDLIFE AND PARKS
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the adoption of an emergency rule closing the Fort Shaw Fishing Access Site in Cascade County
NOTICE OF ADOPTION OF AN EMERGENCY RULE
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. The Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks (department) has determined the following reasons justify the adoption of an emergency rule closing the Fort Shaw Fishing Access Site:
(a) The combination of dangerous conditions includes high water levels, rapidly changing water levels, and flooded roadways that have become unsafe for vehicle and pedestrian travel.
(b) Persons recreating in the flooded portions of the site are at risk of injury or drowning due to unexpected changes to topography obscured by flood waters.
(c) Therefore, as this situation constitutes an imminent peril to public health, safety, and welfare, and this threat cannot be averted or remedied by any other administrative act, the department adopts the following emergency rule. The emergency rule will be sent as a press release to newspapers throughout the state. Also, signs informing the public of the closure will be posted at access points. The rule will be sent to interested parties, and published as an emergency rule in Issue No. 13 of the 2018 Montana Administrative Register.
2. The department will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in the rulemaking process and need an alternative accessible format of the notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the department no later than 5:00 p.m. on July 20, 2018, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Kaedy Gangstad, Fish, Wildlife and Parks, 1420 East Sixth Avenue, P.O. Box 200701, Helena, MT 59620-0701; telephone (406) 444-4594; or e-mail email@example.com.
3. The emergency rule is effective June 19, 2018, when this rule notice is filed with the Secretary of State.
4. The text of the emergency rule provides as follows:
NEW RULE I FORT SHAW FISHING ACCESS SITE EMERGENCY CLOSURE (1) The Fort Shaw Fishing Access Site is located in Cascade County.
(2) The Fort Shaw Fishing Access Site is closed to all public occupation and recreation as signed.
(3) This rule is effective as long as water is flooding the fishing access site.
(4) This rule will expire as soon as the department determines the fishing access site is again safe for occupation and recreation. This will depend on the extent and duration of the flooding in the area. Signs closing the fishing access site will be removed when the rule is no longer effective.
AUTH: 2-4-303, 87-1-202, MCA
IMP: 2-4-303, 87-1-202, MCA
5. The rationale for the emergency rule is as set forth in paragraph 1.
6. Concerned persons are encouraged to submit their comments to the department. Please submit comments along with names and addresses to: Kaedy Gangstad, Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks, P.O. Box 200701, Helena, MT, 59602-0701; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Any comments must be received no later than August 3, 2018.
7. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notice of rulemaking actions proposed by the department or commission. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make written request that includes the name and mailing address of the person to receive the notice and specifies the subject or subjects about which the person wishes to receive notice. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to Fish, Wildlife and Parks, Legal Unit, P.O. Box 200701, 1420 East Sixth Avenue, Helena, MT 59620-0701, faxed to the office at (406) 444-7456, or may be made by completing the request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
8. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
/s/ Mike Volesky
Chief of Operations
Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks
/s/ Aimee Hawkaluk
Certified to the Secretary of State June 19, 2018.