BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 8.99.917 pertaining to the implementation of the Big Sky Economic Development Trust Program
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On October 11, 2018, at 10:30 a.m., the Department of Commerce will hold a public hearing in Room 226 of the Park Avenue Building, 301 South Park Avenue, Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Commerce will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Commerce no later than 5:00 p.m., October 9, 2018, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Bonnie Martello, Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200501, Helena, Montana 59620-0501; telephone (406) 841-2596; TDD (406) 841-2701; facsimile (406) 841-2771; or e-mail to email@example.com.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
8.99.917 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF RULES GOVERNING SUBMISSION AND REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS (1) The department adopts and incorporates by reference the 2018-2019 Big Sky Economic Development Trust Fund Application Guidelines (August 2018), with the most current guidelines being posted on the Big Sky Economic Development Trust Fund web site, as rules governing the submission and review of applications under the program.
(2) remains the same.
Copies of the regulations adopted by reference in (1) may be obtained from the Department of Commerce, Montana Office of Tourism and Business Development Division, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200501, Helena, Montana 59620-0501, or on the web at http://businessresources.mt.gov/BSTF Copies of the Application Guidelines and Administration Manual adopted by reference in (1) can be viewed on the department's web site at http://marketmt.com/bstf.
AUTH: 90-1-203, MCA
IMP: 90-1-203, 90-1-204, 90-1-205, MCA
REASON: The Department of Commerce is updating the 2018-2019 Biennium Big Sky Economic Development Trust Fund Grant Application Guidelines, which are incorporated, by reference, into the rules to expedite the review and approval of projects thereby making the program more responsive to the needs of Montana business and providing clarifying language on definitions.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments in written form or a request for opportunity to submit data, views, or arguments in oral form to: Annmarie Robinson, Montana Office of Tourism and Business Development, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200501, Helena, Montana, 59620-0501; telephone (406) 841-2744; TDD (406) 841-2731; facsimile (406) 841-2771; or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., October 19, 2018.
5. Annmarie Robinson, Section Manager, Department of Commerce, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
6. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the contact person listed in 4 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
7. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
8. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the amendment of the above-referenced rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ G. Martin Tuttle /s/ Pam Haxby-Cote
G. Martin Tuttle Pam Haxby-Cote
Rule Reviewer Director
Department of Commerce
Certified to the Secretary of State September 11, 2018.