BEFORE THE SECRETARY OF STATE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On July 5, 2019, the Secretary of State published MAR Notice No. 44-2-232 pertaining to the public hearing on the proposed adoption and amendment of the above-stated rules at page 948 of the 2019 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 13.
2. The Secretary of State has adopted NEW RULE I (44.15.110) as proposed.
3. The Secretary of State has amended ARM 44.15.101, 44.15.103, 44.15.106, 44.15.108, and 44.15.109 as proposed.
4. The Secretary of State has amended the following rule as proposed, but with the following changes from the original proposal, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
44.15.105 REQUEST FOR CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORITY (1) A person requesting certificate of authority of a record for a foreign country shall submit a $10 nonrefundable fee for each certification, together with a request form as prescribed by the Secretary of State.
5. The Secretary of State has thoroughly considered the comments and testimony received. A summary of the comments received and the Secretary's responses follow:
COMMENT #1: A commenter said the proposed wording in ARM 44.15.105 is unclear.
RESPONSE #1: The Secretary agrees and amends the language to clarify that a request for a certificate of authority must be accompanied by the fee and a request form as prescribed by the Secretary.
/s/ AUSTIN JAMES /s/ COREY STAPLETON
Austin James Corey Stapleton
Rule Reviewer Secretary of State
Dated this 27th day of August, 2019.