Prev Next

24.301.361    PLUMBING PERMITS

(1) Any person who is required under 50-60-505, MCA, to obtain a plumbing permit, and the work is not covered by a local government inspection program, shall do so prior to installation through the department.

(2) The exception to the plumbing permit requirement listed in 50-60-503, MCA, for plumbing installations on farms having their own individual water supply or sewage disposal system applies to farm or ranch installations used in conjunction with an agricultural or livestock raising operation which are not connected to either a public water supply or public sewer system. Any building used as or in conjunction with a hotel, motel, inn, motor court, guest or dude ranch, tourist home, public lodging house, bed and breakfast establishment, or other place where sleeping accommodations are furnished to transient guests for a fee is subject to fee requirements of ARM 24.301.301.

(3) The exception to the plumbing permit requirement listed in 50-60-506(4), MCA, for the owner of residential property applies to the owner of a single-family dwelling who does the work on the plumbing installation in the dwelling in which they will reside. The "homeowner exemption" applies to those dwellings intended for the owner's personal use and not for dwellings built on speculation of resale or intended as rental property.

(4) The exception to permit requirements listed in 50-60-506(5), MCA, for regularly employed maintenance personnel doing maintenance work on the business premises applies to personnel on the regular payroll rather than personnel under contract. Maintenance work includes the stopping of leaks in drains, soil, waste, or vent pipe, clearing of stoppages, and repairing of leaks in pipes, valves, or fixtures, when such repairs do not involve or require the replacement or rearrangement of valves, pipes, or fixtures.

(5) The applicant shall complete the plumbing application form and designate in the spaces provided the items to be covered by the plumbing permit.

(6) No plumbing permit shall be issued for a building or structure under the jurisdiction of the department, until the building permit has been issued for said building or structure.

(7) After review and approval of the application, the department shall issue a permit to the applicant.

History: 50-60-203, 50-60-501, 50-60-504, MCA; IMP, 50-60-201, 50-60-504, 50-60-505, 50-60-506, 50-60-507, 50-60-508, MCA; NEW, 1978 MAR p. 380, Eff. 3/25/78; TRANS, from Dept. of Admin., Ch. 352, L. 1985, Eff. 7/1/85; AMD, 1987 MAR p. 2237, Eff. 12/11/87; AMD, 1994 MAR p. 299, Eff. 2/11/94; AMD, 1999 MAR p. 1885, Eff. 10/1/99; TRANS, from Commerce, 2001 MAR p. 2301; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 2776, Eff. 11/7/14.

Home  |   Search  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Help  |   Disclaimer  |   Privacy & Security