(1) In the numerous basin closure areas in Montana, the department cannot process an application unless it qualifies as a basin closure exception.
(2) An applicant must provide a written summary of their application information explaining how their application meets the basin closure exceptions and why their application located in a basin closure area can be processed.
(3) The department will determine whether an application in a basin closure area can be processed based on the information received from the applicant and will document its findings before it will review the application to determine whether it is correct and complete.
(4) While the department may determine that an application located in a basin closure area can be processed, an objector is able to refute the department's determination.
(5) Information required by the hydrogeologic assessment pursuant to 85-2-361, MCA, may not be sufficient to meet applicable criteria under 85-2-311, MCA, including but not limited to adverse effect to a prior appropriator. The applicant for a beneficial water use permit pursuant to 85-2-311, MCA, is responsible for providing sufficient evidence to meet all applicable criteria