(1) The owner of a high-hazard dam shall have periodic inspections conducted by a qualified engineer.
(2) Periodic inspections must be made and a report completed on a frequency of at least once every 5 years or within the period stated in the terms of an operation permit for a high-hazard dam.
(3) The frequency of periodic inspections shall be set by the department after considerations including the condition of the dam, proximity to population centers, current design technology, and type of construction.
(4) The owner shall retain records of all inspections, including records of actions taken to correct conditions found in such inspections.
(5) Within 90 days of the periodic inspection, the owner shall deliver a copy of the report to the department, together with a statement of the owner's intent in regard to any deficient or unsafe items identified by the report, and a time schedule to remedy the items. The original copy of the report shall be retained by the owner.
(6) The owner shall bear the cost of the inspection.