Prev Next


(1) General inquiries, applications for leases, easements, land use licenses or permits, improvements, and any questions regarding the leasing or usage of state land may be directed to any of the department offices.   Payment of all money required or permitted under these rules or pursuant to the provisions of any surface use shall be made to the department. All checks, drafts and money orders shall be made payable to "Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation." Sight drafts will not be accepted.

(2) The department shall maintain records of all state land. Such records shall contain all pertinent information concerning a particular tract of state land. Such records shall be open for public inspection at all times during regular business hours.

(3) Any notice or correspondence required to be sent to a lessee or licensee shall be sent to the name and address appearing on the lease, license or permit form filed in the department records. Correspondence sent by the department to such name and address shall be deemed sufficient notice for all purposes. If the lessee or licensee desires to change such address he must notify the department in writing. Any change in name of the lessee shall be made only through assignment procedures in ARM 36.25.118.

History: 77-1-209, MCA; IMP, 77-1-301, MCA; NEW, 1987 MAR p. 17, Eff. 1/16/87; TRANS, 1996 MAR p. 2384.

Home  |   Search  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Help  |   Disclaimer  |   Privacy & Security