Prev Next

37.111.211    LICENSURE

(1) It is unlawful for any person to operate a campground or trailer court unless the person holds a current license issued by the department and validated by the local health officer in the name of the person for the specific campground or trailer court.

(2) The applicant shall submit a nonrefundable $40 license application fee to the department. An applicant shall submit a complete application and fee prior to opening the establishment for use.

(3) The department or the local health authority shall make a pre-licensing inspection after a complete license application and fee have been received. A license will be issued if the campground or trailer court is in compliance with this subchapter and the act. If the establishment is not in compliance with this subchapter and the act, the department shall commence proceedings to deny the license application pursuant to 50-52-207 , MCA.

(4) A licensee shall give notice in writing to the department at least 30 days prior to selling, transferring, giving away, or otherwise disposing of interest in or control of any campground or trailer court. The notice must include the name and address of the person succeeding to the ownership or control of the campground or trailer court.

(5) Upon receiving a complete application in writing for issuance or renewal of a license and a fee of $40, the department shall issue or renew the license if the campground or trailer court is in compliance with all applicable provisions of the act and this subchapter.

(6) The holder of a license for a general services campground, limited services campground, or trailer court must post the license on the property at a location approved by the department or local health authority.

(7) (a) Except as provided in (b) , the licensee or manager of a trailer court or campground may not accept camping units that would exceed the number and types of sites approved under the license for the campground.

(b) A campground may accommodate an overflow of camping units for a period that may not exceed 14 days in a calendar year if the local health authority issues written approval for the overflow prior to its occurrence and the campground licensee or manager has ensured that adequate public health measures, including provision of sewage and solid waste disposal and potable water, are provided for the overflow.

History: Sec. 50-52-102, MCA; IMP, Sec. 50-52-102, 50-52-201, 50-52-202 and 50-52-203, MCA; Eff. 12/31/72; AMD, 1982 MAR p. 1103, Eff. 5/28/82; AMD, 1982 MAR p. 1484, Eff. 7/30/82; AMD, 1995 MAR p. 634, Eff. 4/28/95; TRANS, from DHES, 2001 MAR p. 2425.

Home  |   Search  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Help  |   Disclaimer  |   Privacy & Security