(1) Laundries operated or used by a bed and breakfast establishment must be provided with:
(a) a mechanical washer and hot air tumble dryer;
(b) a hot water supply system capable of supplying water at a temperature of 120°F (49°C) to the washer during all periods of use;
(c) detergents ; and
(d) sanitizers approved by the U.S. environmental protection agency.
(2) Bedding, towels and washcloths must be machine washed at a minimum temperature of 120°F (49°C) for a minimum time of eight minutes and dried in a hot air tumble dryer or ironed at a minimum temperature of 150°F (65.5°C) .
(3) Laundry other than bedding, towels and washcloths may be washed at a minimum temperature of 110°F (43.3°C) for at least eight minutes using a detergent and a sanitizer. Bleach, as a hypochlorite, may be used according to manufacturer's specifications during the final rinse.
(4) Manual washing and line drying of bed linen, towels and washcloths is prohibited.
(5) All bed and breakfast establishments must have a sink that can be used for hand washing within a reasonable distance of the laundry. Hands must be washed between the handling of soiled and clean laundry.
(6) To prevent cross contamination, a separate handling process must be used for the sorting and storage of soiled laundry and the folding and storage of clean laundry. Clean cloths and linens must be laundered, stored and protected from contamination between uses.