(1) The owner or person having possession of any radiation machine shall:
(a) Register such machine with the department within 30 days following the effective date of this chapter or after acquisition of such machine and prior to its use. Registration shall be on forms available from the department.
(b) Designate an individual who will be responsible for radiation protection for the machine. Such individuals shall:
(i) be qualified by training and experience concerning all hazards and precautions involved in operating the machine for which he is responsible;
(ii) upon request by the department provide a detailed program of radiation safety for effective compliance with the applicable requirements of this chapter;
(iii) give instructions concerning hazards and safety practices to individuals who may be occupationally exposed to radiation from the machine; and
(iv) make surveys and carry out other procedures as required by this chapter.
(c) When, in the opinion of the department, the individual designated to be responsible for radiation safety does not have qualifications sufficient to insure such safety, the department may order the registrant to designate another individual who meets the requirements of this subsection.
(2) The registrant shall notify the department within 10 days after any change which renders the information on the registration no longer accurate.
(3) The owner or person having possession of any registered radiation machine shall re-register such machine with the department every 2 years as long as the activity requiring such registration continues.
(4) No person, in any advertisement, shall refer to the fact that a radiation machine is registered with the department and no person shall state or imply that any activity under such registration has been approved by the department.
(5) Whenever a manufacturer, his agent or a dealer sells or transfers title to a radiation machine, said manufacturer, his agent or the dealer shall give written notification thereof to the department. Written notification shall be given within 15 days of such sale or transfer of title and shall include the name and address of the new owner or owners.
(6) Whenever an owner sells, transfers title, or disposes of a radiation machine, said owner shall give written notification thereof to the department. This written notification shall be given within 15 days of such sale, transfer of title, or disposal, and shall include the name and address of the owner and details of the final disposal of the machine.