written notification by an agency in control of state property or responsible for
the construction or remodeling of state property that a vending facility is
desired on the property, or, upon its own initiative, the department shall:
(a) survey the property (or blueprints, plans, and other similar, available information) to
determine if the installation of a business enterprise facility for the blind
vendors program is feasible and consonant with its vocational rehabilitation
objectives; and if it so determined, provide for a business enterprise faciity
to be installed on that property by the department.
(2) State agencies which now have a vending facility not administered by the department
as a business enterprise facility shall give notice to the department when any
existing agreement relating to the management of that facility terminates. At that time the department may exercise its
authority to administer that facility as a business enterprise facility.
(3) The department is responsible for designating business enterprise facility
locations on state and other property for the purposes of the blind vendors
(4) An agency responsible for state and other property shall at the direction of the
department alter the property to make it suitable for a vending facility.
(5) The installation, modification, relocation, removal, and renovation of vending
facilities will be subject to prior approval and supervision of the on site
official responsible for the property and the department. The costs of relocation of vending
facilities shall be paid by the initiator of the request.
(6) Additional vending facilities may not be installed on property having a business
enterprise vending facility unless an agreement is reached between the agency
and the department concerning the installation and operation of the competing