(1) Psychological and counseling services are those services provided by a licensed psychologist, licensed professional counselor, or a licensed clinical social worker within the scope of the practice of the respective professions.
(2) Service definitions for each profession may be found at the following:
(a) licensed psychologist, 37-17-102(4), MCA;
(b) licensed professional counselor, 37-23-102(3), MCA; and
(c) licensed clinical social worker, 37-22-102(5), MCA.
(3) Psychological and counseling services may include:
(a) individual or group therapy;
(b) consultation with providers and caregivers;
(c) development and monitoring of behavior programs;
(d) participation in the individual planning process; and
(e) counseling for primary caregivers.
(4) Psychological and counseling services are available to adults when the service is:
(a) recommended by a qualified professional;
(b) approved by the planning team; and
(c) written into the plan of care.
(5) Psychological and counseling services may be provided when the required nursing services exceed the Montana state plan or are different from the services available in the Montana state plan.