"Department" means the department of public health and human services.
(1) "Grant application" means a written application to the department under the terms of Title 40, chapter 2, part 4, MCA and these rules.
(2) "Domestic violence" means any act or threatened act of violence, including any forceful detention of an individual which results or threatens to result in physical injury and is committed by a person against another person to whom such person is or was married or with whom the assaulted person cohabits or formerly cohabited. "Spouse abuse" is included within the definition of "domestic violence".
(3) "Local battered spouse and domestic violence program" means a community-based program directed at the problems of domestic violence which may include but is not limited to providing direct services to victims of domestic violence.
(4) "Shelter" means a permanent facility that offers emergency, short term shelter to victims of domestic violence and may provide other support services such as crisis counseling and referral to appropriate community services.
(5) "Safe homes" means private homes available to provide emergency short term shelter to victims of domestic violence when needed.
(6) "Local contribution" means the 20% of the operational costs of the program in the form of cash or in-kind contributions generated from the community to be served.
(7) "In-kind contributions" means program support other than direct funding and may include such things as volunteer time, donated space and donated supplies.
(8) "Local control unit" means a community-based body which may be a governmental entity or non-profit board, agency or committee which is responsible and accountable for the administration and execution of the program.
(9) "Counseling" means crisis or longer term individual or group counseling by professionals or trained volunteers for victims and others involved in domestic violence situations.
(10) "Advocacy programs" means programs that assist or act on behalf of victims in obtaining such things as services and information.
(11) "Educational programs" means programs related to battered spouses and domestic violence which may be designed for the community at large or specialized groups such as hospital personnel and law enforcement officials.