The following definitions apply to the rules contained in this subchapter.
(1) "Daily rate" means the rate the department will pay to facilities for supervision and treatment services. The daily rate is a percentage of the model rate and is based upon the department's appropriation for foster care services.
(2) "Department" means the department of public health and human services.
(3) "Facility" means child care agencies and youth group homes as defined in ARM 37.97.102 and child placing agencies as defined in ARM 37.93.101.
(4) "Foster care" or "substitute care" means full-time care of a child in a residential setting for the purpose of providing food, shelter, security and safety, guidance, direction and, if necessary, treatment to children who are removed from or without the care and supervision of their parents or guardian.
(5) "Model rate" means the rate established by the department for the essential programmatic costs of the supervision and treatment services the department requires for each classification level.
(6) "Professional staff" means staff employed by the facility who have a bachelor's, master's degree or doctorate in social work, counseling, psychology or a related field.
(7) "Voluntary placement" means an out-of-home placement of a child by the department after the parents or guardians have requested the assistance of the agency and signed a voluntary placement agreement.
(8) "Voluntary placement agreement" means a written agreement between the department and the parents or guardians of a child which contains the consent of the parents or guardians to placement in foster care and the rights and obligations of the parents or guardians, and the department while the child is in placement.
(9) "Youth" means any person under the age of 18.
(10) "Youth care facility (YCF) " means a licensed facility in which foster care is provided and includes youth foster homes, youth group homes and child care agencies.