(1) Households found eligible may apply all or a portion of their benefit award for conversion to a less costly heating fuel.
(2) Eligible households who convert to a less costly heating fuel must disclaim any right to additional program benefits for the current heating season regardless of change of address or any other circumstance except emergencies as defined in ARM 37.70.901.
(3) When an eligible household changes residence during the heating season, the household must file a new application. The household's benefit award will then be recomputed based on its new residence, and the new benefit will be prorated from the date of the change of residence. Any unused portion of the original benefit award reverts to the department. When an eligible household changes its type of primary heating fuel during the heating season, the household is not required to file a new application but must have its benefit award recomputed based on the new type of fuel. The new benefit will be prorated from the date of the change of type of fuel. Any unused portion of the original benefit reverts to the department.
(4) Benefit awards will be prorated for households new to the state or not previously responsible for heating costs from the date of residency or responsibility for the remainder of the heating season. Benefits will also be prorated for households who live in an area served by tribal LIEAP if the household moves from the service area during the heating season and applies for benefits through Montana LIEAP. Such households are eligible for a prorated benefit for the remainder of the heating season from the date the household moved from the service area served by the tribal LIEAP.
(5) When a household changes primary fuel vendors any remaining LIEAP attributable credit balance will be returned to the department by the original fuel vendor. The department may reissue the unused portion of the benefit award to the new fuel vendor or reimburse to the household as provided in ARM 37.70.607.